If you've been with your spouse/partner ever since you started "liking" boys like I have, when birthdays and anniversaries roll around there's not much inspiration for gifts. While there are definitely lots of things that I want and a never-ending list of supplies I covet, it's just not all that fun to tell your spouse, "get me these shoes." Especially since the money all comes out of the same pot in this household and I might as well just buy them myself (which I did.... Happy Birthday to me!)
Here's a list of gifts that bring more meaning than something off of an amazon wishlist... And bonus! They happen to be easy on the budget too!
1. Do a project for your spouse/partner that they've been meaning to do but can't seem to get done... For my birthday this year Chris is going to rabbit-proof the garden, a task that I haven't been able to find the time to do.
2. Fix something that's been broken for a long time... Two birthdays ago Chris reattached some dresser knobs that had fallen off and had been rattling around in the drawer for years. I had gotten so used to them not being there that for months I was surprised to see them back in their proper place.
3. Pick out some books from the library for your spouse... I got this idea from my friend Vaara.
4. Replace something that they already have but hate... My friend Becky sent me a salad spinner one birthday even though I already had one because the one I had was shitty. I swear at the new salad spinner a lot less than the old one, YAY!
5. Give the time and space to get something done... I would love to have a day of uninterrupted sewing.
6. Get some JPEGs turned into photos... I lay awake at night thinking about lost files and wishing we could go back to the days of film and shining light through negatives to get prints. I once saw a billboard that said, "Mothers, don't let your children grow up to be JPEGs" that struck panic in my heart. And yet, I STILL rarely get prints of my pictures.
So there. Six things constitutes a list, right? Add yours to the list if you like!
Post a Comment